Royal Slope Stands Out at The 2018 Pacific Northwest Fire Expo
Pacific Northwest Fire Expo – Portland, Oregon | Thursday, May 17th, and Friday, May 18th
AMDOR attended the 2018 Pacific Northwest Fire Expo in Portland, Oregon recently, and several trucks caught a great deal of attention.
One of them is the fire truck pictured below from the Royal Slope Fire Department located in Grant County Washington, just North East of Yakima.
Battalion Chief Mike Wright was also kind enough to take us on a tour of their latest 4 x 4 beast. This new KME apparatus, which was sold and delivered by Cascade Fire in late 2017, is equipped with a full complement of AMDOR roll-up doors and Luma Bar compartment lighting.
There were so many key features that stood out on this rig. Let’s quickly examine them below:
- First, the Luma Bar Integral compartment lights illuminated the compartments like daylight.
- Once inside, the compartment layout is one of the most thoughtful set-ups that we have seen. The curbside compartments are set up for rescue, while the roadside ones are set up for fire operations.
- The department made extensive use of the PAC mounting system, allowing for great organization and easy identification of equipment on scene.
- Royal Slope has a sister truck that has taken its layout to the next level with all blue Lamacoid labels. Even the loose equipment has blue marking tape or hand-written references in blue ink.
- The sister truck mirrors this set-up with red colour coding to ensure that the trucks have identical layouts, yet never mix up their gear. Genius!
Have you ever thought of a durable and easy way to store chains on your truck? Enter the green ammo boxes and problem solved! Obviously, this is a large truck with full-height doors, and as a result, we will discuss the addition of our new HD Flex Pull Strap system.
Thanks again to Royal Slope and the team at Cascade Fire!